YT Videos: These Go Straight to My Blog

To be honest, there's only one YouTube video that I really, really want to feature here in this post, because 1) I'm a sucker for short films, and 2) I'm a sucker for Benedict Cumberbatch. Pero sige, share first and then explain later.

About the video: A short film starring Benedict Cumberbatch (BBC's Sherlock, Star Trek) and Nathalie Press (Red Road, My Summer of Love) 
When young dad, Joe, discovers he's dying, drifter Charlie is given a unique opportunity to turn his life around. A story of family, identity and starting again.
I've been a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch ever since I first saw him in Sherlock, and since then I've been discovering more and more how brilliant and versatile he is as an actor. Setting aside his good looks (the cheekbones /drool) and his exquisite voice (his voiceovers for the Jaguar commercials make my ovaries explode), what drew me to him is his ability to own the characters given to him. He was able to portray Stephen Hawking, Sherlock Holmes, Khan Noonien Singh, and a lot more I have yet to discover, but somehow I can't typecast him into one particular role i.e. what is his best genre. Seeing him here in this short film just reaffirms his prowess in acting.

But enough of my fangirling. Para makabawi, I'd also like to share some of my YouTube subscriptions.  These are my favorite channels that I regularly watch during my petiks time. Some of them you've might've heard of before (especially if I'm constantly spamming your FB feed with these videos), some of them might still be obscure. Nevertheless, if you find the videos interesting as I did, show them the love they deserve and subscribe to their channel.

DanceVersionHD - I like this channel because they post dance versions and practice versions of various K-Pop groups. Don't get me wrong, I like to watch the official MVs and concert videos, but there's something interestingly raw about practice versions that make me want to watch them over and over again.

Here's one of the videos featured in the channel. This one's a dance practice video of Miss A's I Don't Need a Man.


Teddybearkitties - Still on the topic of all things Korean, I like this beauty vlogger a lot. I think she lives in Seoul, but is able to speak English really well because she spent a significant number of years in California. She looks a lot like Miss A's Suzy (as long as she sports bangs), and seems to have a bias on Etude House products. That's two of the reasons why I like watching her, haha. And, she vlogs really lively, too.

Here's her latest vlog, a haul video with a lot of Etude House products.  Apparently, it's cosmetics sale season in Seoul these days.


AnaVictorin0 - Another beauty vlogger, this time from my own country. She does a lot of make-up tutorials, and she isn't afraid to use local/ inexpensive brands, which is why I really like watching her videos. Case in point, her 500-peso make-up challenge:


LisaEldridgeDotCom - Lisa Eldridge would have to me my most favorite beauty vlogger ever. She never adds advertisements to her videos, does the most perfect base make-up, and shares a lot of tips along the way. My only disappointment is that most of the products she features aren't readily available here in the Philippines, as she usually uses UK brands.

One of my favorite video of hers is this one, where she gives her viewers some tips on packing the most efficient kikay kit. I love how she started bare-faced, but slowly makes herself up as she uses the products along the way.


VenusAngelic - This vlogger has been a guilty pleasure of mine, mostly because she posts really weird videos. Venus is one of those Caucasian kids who have taken into liking the Kawaii Japanese culture, much to the distaste of her fellow *white people*. A lot of the comments in her videos come from haters who really don't get where she's coming from, but thankfully she also has fans that are ready to defend her honor. In fairness, she does pull off the dolly look well.  Here's an example:


JennaMarbles - (Side note: I honestly don't know how I come across these channels) Another quirky vlogger that I like is Jenna. Most of her videos are "talkies" where she would give out her opinions about a particular topic, and sometimes she does short impressions and spoofs on some celebrities. One catch, though. Jenna uses profanity a lot. As in A LOT. Still funny as heck, and she always makes sure that her two dogs get enough airtime within the video.

Here's one of her videos, which I chose to show how she can be funny and smart at the same time.


SciShow - Speaking of smart, the last channel I want to feature is reminiscent of my childhood favorite, Beakman's World. Not as outrageous, since I think SciShow's target audience are adult groups, but educational nonetheless.  This channel talks about the latest updates in the world of science, and also explain in simpler terms the different scientific theories and concepts. And yes, I admit that I have a teeny tiny crush on Hank.

So, to bring things to full circle (sort of), I'll be sharing SciShow's video that talks about the feasibility of warp drives. Yes, so we can boldly go where no man has ever gone before.

Comments