How to Get There (from Manila)
There are two main routes going to Sagada from Manila:
- Manila - Baguio - Sagada
- Manila - Banaue - (Bontoc) - Sagada
Manila - Banaue - (Bontoc) - Sagada
- Banaue has a small town proper, and the jeep/ bus terminals are usually found at the side of the national highway. While it may be daunting at first to choose which mode of transportation to use, you can always ask around just as long as you are able to do you research beforehand.
- You may opt for a cut-ride to Bontoc, then from Bontoc to Sagada. There are jeepneys that go this route.
- Since travel to and from Sagada isn't that as hectic, travel schedules are spaced one hour apart, at the minimum. So make sure to schedule your time accordingly.
- Related to the point above, most modes of transportation require a minimum number of passengers (i.e. 4 to 6 pax). If your travelling during an off-peak season, expect that there will be a scarcity of tourists, ergo you might need to pay more for the transport.