Year-End Update II: Year-End Meme [2013]

I've been doing this sort of thing since my Tabulas days, and I think memes like this (I'm not even sure if I'm using the correct term... is it "meme" or should it be "tag"? Whatevs) is a perfect opportunity to reflect on the year that has passed.

2013, I have to say that you flew by so fast.

1. What did you do in 2013 that you've never done before?
- DIY-ed an out of country trip. This year, I travelled to Japan, sans Travel Factor.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- I started a To Do for 2013, and I completed 7 out of 10 which isn't bad. Yeah, maybe I'll make another one next year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Someone close? No, not really. I don't recall. If someone I knew gave birth, but I can't remember who, then we're probably not that close.

[EDIT] I'm so sorry. Terribly sorry.  I was thinking WAAAY back earlier this year. I totally forgot that one of my best friends gave birth THIS YEAR!!! Kung anu-ano pa ang isinulat ko tuloyNasa Singapore kasi that's why it didn't cross my mind. Patawad Rosa huhuhu. :( [/EDIT]

4. Did anyone close to you die?
- Nope, none as I can remember.

5. What country did you visit?
- Japan and Hong Kong. Japan was my favorite for this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
- A new family (if you know what I mean).

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- I'm not sure of the exact date, but it was Tokyo 2013 Day 2. That was when I got engaged (ayiiii~).

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- I don't know. I've been coasting pretty much for the whole year.

9. What was your biggest failure?
- Same as 8. I really can't remember anything worth tagging as a personal milestone.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Does acne vulgaris count?


11. What was the best thing you bought?
- My Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. Smartphones are the BEST.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
- The Yolanda survivors and volunteers. Bayani kayo.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- Anyone from the Philippine Government that responded inappropriately during the Yolanda disaster.

14. Where did most of your money go?
- To my credit card bills, especially when I went to Hong Kong. Huhuhuhu.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Tokyo 2013!!!

16. What songs will always remind you of 2013?
- 2013 has been pretty weak in defining a Song of the Year (compared to Psy's Gangnam Style and Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe in 2012), but Lorde's Royals pretty much dominated the radio this year (well, during the later part) and Ylvis' The Fox (What Does the Fox Say) went viral on YouTube.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, I think. But 2012 was alright, too.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. CANNOT BE!!!
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer. Wasn't able to save as much as I wanted to.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
- Planning and reaching milestones. Probably the reason why I felt that the year went by fast.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
- Coasting.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
- At home, same as always.

21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
- Well, I've been with one person since 2006 (was it 2006?).

22. How many one-night stands?
- None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
- Breaking Bad. And The Big Bang Theory. And Sherlock (which will return with Series 3 tomorrow, YAAAAY!!!!)

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
- No, I don't think so.

25. What was the best book you read?
- Well, I've been stuck with GRRM's A Feast for Crows for two years now. Help me.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- I recently downloaded Lorde's album. She's good.

27. What did you want and got?
- Recently I wanted an AJ 1 Joker, and I got it. Why did I want those shoes? I have no idea.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
- Star Trek: Into Darknes. Because Benedict Cumberbatch. But I shouldn't discount the fact that Before Midnight was released this year, and the whole franchise is brilliantly-made.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-  Ge took me to an archery studio, which was refreshing. I haven't done archery since my university days. I was 31.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- A rather significant salary increase. Emphasis on significant.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
- Boyfriend-approved. He usually has the final say on what I wear.

32. What kept you sane?
- Social media.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- Benedict Cumberbatch. Yes, I am a Cumberbitch.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
- Well, the Napoles scandal was this year.

35. Who did you miss?
- FnF, I didn't get to hang out with them as often as before.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
- No one in particular, really.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
- Patience is a virtue, but pro-activeness will get you to places.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
What does the fox say?

Comments