#SupportLokalPH: 10 North Creative

Recently, I've been discovering a number of local (i.e. Filipino) independent businesses. Some of them I've discovered online (on Facebook or on Instagram), others in bazaars. I realize how challenging it is for them to compete with the global market--just look at the shops in our malls and you'll see that most of the brands are from foreign companies ("local" businesses are usually re-sellers na lang)--so in my own little way, I would like to help promote their brand by featuring some of my favorite purchases in this blog.

10 North Creative

Hand made watches inspired by vintage graphics


Ever since I bought my husband a timepiece for our wedding day (yes ladies, apparently it is a tradition to gift your groom a classic watch on your wedding), I've wanted one for myself. Alas, I've yet to replenish my savings in order to afford such luxury; until then I must settle for novelty.

I was browsing through Etsy for shops that ship items from the Philippines when I stumbled upon 10 North Creative (who ships from Quezon City). Theirs is a simple shop; they sell watches exclusively. The general style of their watches look the same (i.e. same dial size/color as well as case size/color), and you only have two options for the strap (i.e. brown or black synthetic leather). What got me interested was the design of the watches' faces, as each design is a mix of geeky, quirky, and nostalgic.

Out of the 258 items, I picked the Michelangelo Watch ($14.00 USD).
Because they offer worldwide shipping, the prices displayed in the store are in USD. However, I think that they accept payment in PhP for local purchases (I suggest contacting the shop to be sure). Their watches retail at around 600 PhP, which is a reasonable price for me.

The quality of the watch case is pretty decent; no scratches or chipping seen on the face so far. The strap, however, is quite flimsy as the free loops gave way just a few months after I started wearing it. Good thing that the watch size is pretty much standard, and I was able to buy a third-party replacement (as seen on photo above).


I recently discovered that they also have an Instagram account, but it seems that they do not post that often. Still worth a browse, nevertheless.

A photo posted by @10northcreative on

10 North Creative has a LOT of designs to choose from--I'm particularly interested in their Retro Vibe Category--I'm sure there is at least one design that will call out to you. For those interested, feel free to browse the links provided in this entry. And for those who already purchased their own 10 North Creative watch, please post pictures in your reply. I'm curious as to which designs have captured your fancy.

Comments