#SupportLokalPH: Arajera

Recently, I've been discovering a number of local (i.e. Filipino) independent businesses. Some of them I've discovered online (on Facebook or on Instagram), others in bazaars. I realize how challenging it is for them to compete with the global market--just look at the shops in our malls and you'll see that most of the brands are from foreign companies ("local" businesses are usually re-sellers na lang)--so in my own little way, I would like to help promote their brand by featuring some of my favorite purchases in this blog.

Arajera

Trinkets and Silver Linings


The creator of Arajera is incidentally my sister's friend/ ex-officemate, which has nothing to do with her mad skill in creating jewelry. When I visited my sister in Hong Kong a few years ago, she was wearing a pair of pretty little ear pins made of three emerald studs. A nifty accessory, I daresay, as it gave an effect of three piercings when you really only need one.

I asked my sister for Arajera's Instagram account, which I immediately followed.



After some time of lurking through the store's posts, I was finally able to decide which ear pin design (FYI as ear pin has been registered by another store already, Arajera decided to use more generic terms in her current posts) to purchase. I decided to buy two, actually. 

Fig. 1: March birthstone ear pins, made of aquamarine studs.

Fig. 2: Sun-moon-and-star ear pins.

Prices of her ear pins range from 600 PhP (for sale items) to 1,200 PhP (for the more premium ones). She also sells studs, necklaces, and occasionally rings and bracelets.

Most of Arajera's accessories are made of sterling silver, so they do tarnish over time. Needless to say, they only require minimal care--just keep them safe from the elements so they won't oxidize quickly, and wipe/ polish them from time to time.

Aside from her online store, Arajera also attends bazaars and hosts pop-up events, especially during the holidays.

For those interested on having a piece of art to accessorize your body, feel free to browse the links provided in this entry. And for those who already purchased their own Arajera item, please post pictures in your reply. I'm curious as to which designs have captured your fancy.

Comments