#SupportLokalPH: Germano's Chilli

Recently, I've been discovering a number of local (i.e. Filipino) independent businesses. Some of them I've discovered online (on Facebook or on Instagram), others in bazaars. I realize how challenging it is for them to compete with the global market--just look at the shops in our malls and you'll see that most of the brands are from foreign companies ("local" businesses are usually re-sellers na lang)--so in my own little way, I would like to help promote their brand by featuring some of my favorite purchases in this blog.

Germano's Chilli

The 1st and only chili garlic sauce cooked in Olive Oil to a Perfect Crisp, bringing out its Unique flavor.


Dim sum has always been one of my favorite comfort foods. Way back when I was still in high school, my friends and I would frequent Mang Teo's stall during recess and lunch time. I would often order fried dumplings (or kuchay pie if I'm feeling less stingy) and douse them with lots of soy sauce. Now, I would take my dim sum fix at the nearest Siomai House stall, or in Binondo if I'm not lazy, or at Tim Ho Wan if I'm okay with spending a bit more money.

For me, a dim sum experience won't be complete without the ultimate condiment, which for me is the chili garlic oil.  Soy sauce and calamansi just isn't enough; you need to add spiciness in the mix. Chili oil alone won't do, either. You need the perfect combination of chili, toasted garlic, and oil to give your palate a delicious kick.

My favorite "commercial" chili garlic oil would have to be the one from Siomai House; I like my chili garlic oil to be more garlic-y than chili-y. I do not think they sell the condiment separately, but I am fortunate to have an office mate who shares the same passion for dim sum.  I credit her for introducing me to Germano's Chilli Sauce.

They offer two varieties: Chilli Sauce in Corn Oil, and Chilli Sauce in Olvie Oil.

The healthier option (i.e. Chilli Oil in Olive Oil) costs more that the original focmula.


I find Germano's Chilli Sauce to have the perfect balance of spicy chili, toasted garlic, and salty oil. They have two varieties: Chilli Sauce in Corn Oil and Chilli Sauce in Olive Oil. I prefer the taste of the corn oil variety as (for me) it has more umami, but I'd still choose either of the two as accompaniment to my dim sum.

I'm currently addicted to Germano's that I'm finding ways to use it even if I'm not having dim sum. To date, I've tried it with ginisang munggo and instant pancit canton, and I must say that I enjoyed both experiences. More! MOAR!!!

Look at those garlic bits. Mmmmmmmm....

Adding a spicy kick on Lucky Me's Original Pancit Canton. Two thumbs up!!!

I'm not sure if they sell their product online, but they do sell in a LOT of grocery stores. For your reference, here's a list stores that carry Germano's Chilli Sauce:

LANDMARK Supermarket
Makati
Trinoma

UNIMART Supermarket
Greenhills san juan

MAKATI Supermarket
Alabang

GOURDO'S
Alabang Town Center
Trinoma
Promenade

DEC
Wilson st. San Juan
Annapolis San Juan
Eastwood Libis

TIN HOK
Vmall greenhills
BF Sucat

GUSTAZO
Viramall Greenhills

COFFEE BARN
Timog QC
SABROSO
Katipunan QC

ROBINSONS Supermarket
Galleria
Ermita
Timog
Metro East
Magnolia
Eastwood
Banawe
Pioneer
Mandaluyong california garden
Blue wave Marikina
Congressional
Tandang Sora
Otis
BF
Nuvali
Tagaytay

PUREGOLD Branches
Terraces
Don Antonio
Mindanao
West ave stripmall
Philam
Kalayaan
SFDM
QI
Shaw
Pioneer
Taguig
Nangka Marikina
Concepcion 1 Marikina
Alabang Zapote molito
South Park BF
BF
Zapote starmall

Comments

Post a Comment