#SupportLokalPH: Lulu Swing

Recently, I've been discovering a number of local (i.e. Filipino) independent businesses. Some of them I've discovered online (on Facebook or on Instagram), others in bazaars. I realize how challenging it is for them to compete with the global market--just look at the shops in our malls and you'll see that most of the brands are from foreign companies ("local" businesses are usually re-sellers na lang)--so in my own little way, I would like to help promote their brand by featuring some of my favorite purchases in this blog.

Lulu Swing

Transforms classic styles into fresh unique statement pieces.


This one I discovered during last year's St. James Christmas Bazaar, an annual bazaar held in Ayala Alabang Village, Muntinlupa. Actually, there are a LOT of local items I've discovered on that bazaar, but most of them were food and I already ate them all...

But I digress.

Lulu Swing sells women's shoes of their own designs, though recently they've branched out by creating bucket bags as well. The first thing I noticed that time, as I passed by their booth, was the minimalist design--a mix of classy and girly--and that got me to try out one of their sandals.

I kid you not; those sandals are the softest, most comfortable sandals I ever tried.

I wasn't planning on buying shoes back then, so I decided to pass up the opportunity. For the time being, just I settled on taking their contact information and following their social media accounts.

Yes, they're on Instagram.

A photo posted by Lulu Swing (@luluswing) on


Fast forward to a few months ago, when they announced that they were having a sale. Lo and behold, the sandals that I had been eyeing were included, and they have my size!

Lindy Multi, which retails at 1,100 PhP. Do not mind the dirty insole.

Most of the designs are versatile enough for different occasions, may it be casual or corporate. Some of the sandals are even classy enough to be worn on dressier occasions (beach wedding, perhaps?). Second to comfort, I also like their neutral palette, which is a plus for me as I am pretty much low-maintenance when it comes to matching outfits. I tend to wear the same shoes over and over regardless of what I wear, once I am able to pick out a favorite.

Lulu Swing will participate in the upcoming Global Pinoy Bazaar this August 8 & 9, 10AM to 9PM, at the Rockwell Tent, Makati. For those interested, you might want to drop by their stall, or feel free to browse the links provided in this entry. And for those who already purchased their own Lulu Swing shoes or bags, please post pictures in your reply. I'm curious as to which designs have captured your fancy.

Comments