January 09, 2016

2015 as told by my Instagram photos

Blogger's Note: This was originally posted in my Photoblog, but then I realized that the images in this entry aren't up to my standards of photoblog-worthy artsy-fartsy shots. So I decided to put the entry here in my personal blog instead.

I have a confession to make. These are the only photos I was able to take (using my DLSR) for the whole 2015:

Only two events??? WTF

One folder was for the company summer outing, wherein I didn't really have a choice but to take photos because I was part of the committee that organized the outing, and the other folder was for our recent trip to Japan last November. I can't really use any of the photos in that folder, because 1) the company summer outing photos are more for documentation and don't really hold enough sentimental value worth reminiscing, and 2) I've already posted my favorite Japan trip photos in the last four entries of this blog.

Left with this conundrum, I have no choice but to resort to social media. This is my first time featuring an archive from Instagram, and I ardently hope that their servers won't crash anytime soon. Burado din ang 2015 memories ko kapag mangyari 'yun.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

Most of the photos already contain their own captions, so I'll just be posting a few commentaries. Also, I'm not 100% accurate on the placement of the months; Instagram does not put the exact date of the picture (only 'N weeks ago') and I'm too lazy to compute. Oh, wait. *sees timestamp in the editor* There it is. Oh well, nevermind my excuses. I'm just lazy; let's leave it like that.

Without further ado, enjoy!

JANUARY



A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

This was the first year we spent the new year in our new home. We invited Ge's family to witness the fireworks from our balcony.


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

I was also a happy Disney kid for that month as I was able to watch the Broadway version of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I did my best not to sing along to the songs that night.

FEBRUARY


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

For Valentine's Day, we decided to head up to the North for some cuddle weather, That Thing Called Tadhana tour, and of course, strawberries.



A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on


This is my favorite pet photo for the year, because Hunter looked so much like Toothless, the best pet dragon ever.



I was #teamWhiteAndGold. My brain just had way to much imagination to see the reality.

MARCH


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

For my birthday, I treated my family to the best tonkotsu in the south, Ramen Yuhsoken.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on


Of course, my birth month won't be complete without a concert to watch. This year, it was Incubus, and Ge was able to score a Meet and Greet opportunity for the both of us. Yay!


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on
Unfortunately, I was not able to witness last year's total solar eclipse, so I settled for a live stream viewing instead. Nevertheless, it was majestic.

APRIL



For the long weekend due to Araw ng Kagitingan, Ge and I went to Davao to visit my grandmother and to have some adventure in northern Mindanao.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

I even had a celebrity encounter during the flight back to Manila! Oi, mate??

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on
My brother also treated us to lunch for his birthday.

MAY


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

Recontracting time! After two successive Nexus phones, I opted for a Samsung S6 (which I am still using until now). Had to let go of my old postpaid plan, though.


Urbandub's last concert as a complete band; I was there!


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

Team dinner with a project I've been for five years. Glad to report that I've moved on to other projects since then.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

I don't know why, but there seems to be a lot of reunions for that month. 

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

My mom and my sister did a joint celebration at a fishing village in Cavite. It was a new an pleasant experience, to fish for your meal. 

...well, not exactly. We still ordered our meal separately, and took home our catch.



A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on 


The last weeks of May were also dotted with mini-reunions.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on 

JUNE


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

Another reunion at the start of June, but the month was highlighted by our first wedding anniversary. Our celebration was a simple one; we just spent an overnight in Tagaytay.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

My lola is 94 years old! Beat that!

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

Treated my dad to Korean barbeque while my mom and sister were in Davao.

JULY


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

Oracle CC&B Certification swag; both items are unusable now. Made in China? Hahaha

Another slow month, July.

AUGUST


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on 

August was the month when I got into gardening.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

Multiple entry Japan visa, baby!

A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

There were two celebrations during Ge's birthday. One was with his high school barkada, another was with his family. He took them to Binondo for a food tour-ish.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

SEPTEMBER


A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

Because Ge passed up the opportunity for a Michael Learns to Rock concert before, he didn't take his chances on this one. Siya ang fanboy, hindi ako!!!

A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

OCTOBER


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

The 90's kid in me rejoices, my first Docs!

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

Supportive Best Friend Mode: On.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

NOVEMBER


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

I have to say that November is the highlight of my year, because Japan!!!

A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A video posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

After Japan, we celebrated my parent's wedding anniversary over lunch.


DECEMBER


A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

I wasn't able to attend the Christmas reunion in my side of the family, as this year was Ge's turn. Still, we were able to meet up with my balik-bayan uncle and spend some time with him.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

December was also a time for trying out newly-opened franchises.
- Halal Guys: meh.
- Din Tai Fung: YAAAAAASSS!

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

I was also able to attend the wedding of a long-time friend, who married a former officemate of mine. #serendipity 


A bittersweet month; our family lost a dog due to old age. Our Debbie lived 14 full years. I posted a giant square entry for her, so I'll just share the snout part here.

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

A photo posted by Miriam P. See (@ako_si_iam) on

With that, I bid you a safe and prosperous 2016. 'Til my next 'Circa' year-end summary post!

2 comments:

  1. Nice entry! Dinaan na lang sa Instagram pics. Mas makwento ako sa year-end entry ko than posting pictures eh, ahehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe mas ma-visual aids kasi ako kapag nagbblog eh! Tsaka yunf Instagram na yung definitive source ko ng kung anong nangyari last year hehe.

      Delete