January 30, 2016

#SupportLokalPH: Atsui | Perfectform

Recently, I've been discovering a number of local (i.e. Filipino) independent businesses. Some of them I've discovered online (on Facebook or on Instagram), others in bazaars. I realize how challenging it is for them to compete with the global market--just look at the shops in our malls and you'll see that most of the brands are from foreign companies ("local" businesses are usually re-sellers na lang)--so in my own little way, I would like to help promote their brand by featuring some of my favorite purchases in this blog.

#FitnessGoals2016

Fine.

I admit that I've jumped into the New Year's Fitness Bandwagon. Granted that I haven't binged that much during the holiday season (compared to the previous years, that is), I'm starting to accept the fact that my metabolism isn't the same as it was, let's say, ten years ago.

No matter how hard I try to reduce my carb intake (but I still won't give up rice. I'm starting to change to the more fibrous varieties, but I can't NOT have rice in my meals) and raise my protein (through vegetables and stuff), the most that could happen within a span of a month is to lose around .5 lbs of my weight. And I'm not even sure if what I lost is fat weight or water weight. So now, I'm trying to incorporate exercise to my daily routine (30 mins of cardio; weights pag sinisipag) in the hopes of losing relevant weight (or at least replacing it with toned muscles).

There are days when I'm motivated enough to sweat through my exercise, and realize that my current fitness wardrobe is lacking quantity. I only have a few pairs of sports bras and hardly enough exercise-worthy shirts to use. And since I'm not willing to invest 1,000+ PhP for a single article of sporting attire, I decided to try out some of the local fitness brands featured in Instagram's @trylocalph.

Atsui Alternative Athletics

...For the serious athlete and those in between.

(Online Shop: http://atsui.ph/)

What got me interested in this brand is actually the brand name--it doesn't sound local at all. It actually sounds Japanese, and if you've been around my blog for quite some time you know that I love all things Japanese.

Each order comes inside a nifty garment bag.


True to the Japanese style, Atsui fitness wear combines minimalist form with efficient function. There are hardly any loud designs in their collection, but the materials they use are definitely exercise-worthy. I am reminded of Uniqlo whenever I browse through their website, because of how clean and simple everything looks.

Haruko Training Tee, 400 PhP

I actually had this Atsui shirt in my wishlist for last year's
office Kris Kringle activity, but my
ninang wasn't able to get this for me.

Maiko Multi-Panel Tee, 550 PhP

I like that they also have loose-fitting tops,
perfect for a breezy jog.

Most of their fitness wear cost less than a thousand Pesos, with shirts ranging from 400 PhP to 750 PhP. Training shirts are made from dry-fit material, breathable enough for running and stretchable enough for yoga. Aside from shirts, Atsui also sells sports bras, tank tops, hoodies, shorts, capris, pants, and swimwear. Wow, talk about variety.

Moriko Training Tee, 600 PhP

Their designs are simple and minimalist,
you can pair them with just about anything.

Most of the pieces in their collection are for women, but there are some pieces catered for men. They even have His/Hers sportswear designs, which I find adorable.


Aside from their online store, Atsui also has retail partners in Metro Manila, so you are able to physically check out their sportswear (for those still hesitant to purchase stuff online). Atsui is also available at ZALORA Philippines.

Perfectform Sportswear

100% local sportswear perfect for any workout!

(Online Shop: http://www.perfectform-sportswear.com/)

Another sportswear that I'm lacking in quantity is the sports bra, and the few pairs I own sometimes feel restrictive when I'm using them in other activities besides running or weights. Whenever I'm wearing them in yoga (sometimes there are yoga classes offered in the office), I notice that I'm having a hard time doing over-the-shoulder extensions. I'm thinking that this is probably because of my sports bras' wide bands on the back.

Perfectform sports bra are designed for maximum movement, flexibility, and sass.

Then I came across Perfectform's Instagram account, and I immediately noticed their strappy back designs. Most of Perfectform's models are featured doing yoga or dance, so I figured that what I need for more comfortable movement when using a sports bra is a less restrictive back design.

ENERGIZE Sports Bra, 780 PhP

I got one in Medium, but I realized that Small may suit me as well.

As I've discovered, the main challenge when purchasing a sports bra is choosing the right fit. You have to consider your preference of support (i.e. light, medium, or heavy) depending on the type of activity you will be doing (light/medium for yoga or dance, heavy for running or any high-impact activity). Add that to your cup size and bust size, and you can understand why choosing a bra size is a challenge.

I made the mistake of buying a size Medium, and I immediately felt it in the treadmill. Even though my design was meant for heavy support, I still felt the lacking support because the fit wasn't as snug as it should be.

I meant to order their MOVE Sports Bra (780 PhP), but I
accidentally chose another ENERGIZE Sports Bra... oh well.

Good thing that the items being sold aren't that expensive (780 PhP vs. 1000+ PhP on branded sportswear? Saan ka pa?), so that loss isn't as significant. Besides, I am still able to wear them quite comfortably despite the wrong choice of size. Also, their strappy back designs work like a dream. I am able to move more freely and more comfortably.


For those interested, feel free to browse the links provided in this entry. And for those who already purchased their own Atsui and/or Perfectform sportswear, please post pictures in your reply. I'm curious as to which items have captured your fancy.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, naks, pati Polecats Manila parang na-promote mo rin, haha! May friend ako na founding member ng Polecats. Tried one class before. And too bad now mo lang na-discover itong Perfectform. Lagi akong hirap sa sports bras (both budget-wise and the fit) when I was dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! so Polecats pala 'yung ni-kwento mo dati na nag-try ka mag-pole dance hehehe.

      Delete