#SupportLokalPH: Free For Me

Recently, I've been discovering a number of local (i.e. Filipino) independent businesses. Some of them I've discovered online (on Facebook or on Instagram), others in bazaars. I realize how challenging it is for them to compete with the global market--just look at the shops in our malls and you'll see that most of the brands are from foreign companies ("local" businesses are usually re-sellers na lang)--so in my own little way, I would like to help promote their brand by featuring some of my favorite purchases in this blog.

Free For Me

Vintage Style Handmade Watches and Fashion Jewelry

(Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FreeForme)

The watch I bought from 10 North Creative is starting to lose its power, but instead of having its battery replaced I decided to shop around Etsy for another inexpensive custom-designed watch.

I've discovered that there were other Philippine-based Etsy stores that sell custom-designed watches, aside from 10 North Creative. They share similar watch styles, but the design on the watches' faces are pretty much distinct. So for my latest purchase, I decided to try out Free For Me.

 

Their watches are 100 PhP cheaper than 10 North Creative watches, but I think the quality is pretty much the same. Free For Me, however, has more variety in the design of the bezel, hands, and strap.


The watch I chose has a rose-gold bezel and a "messy handwriting" effect on the face. Because the colorway is a bit girly, I was expecting a small diameter face, but it turned out that the size of the watch is pretty much the same as my 10 North Creative one.



A photo posted by Freeforme (@freeformeshop) on

Free For Me is quick to reply via email, for any questions raised about the order. I placed my order a couple of weeks ago, and when I followed up on the status of my watch, they were able to reply on the next day.

Delivery within the Philippines isn't a hassle, either. They use 2Go services when delivering orders within the country, so it is ensured that your order will arrive within two days after shipping.

  

The watch came with a rubber strap instead of a leather strap, which I guess may be a good thing since leather straps don't last long with me. The wear and tear of putting off and taking off watches stretches the bands of my leather straps a little too roughly, so much so that within a couple of months they just snap open. Perhaps a rubber strap may be able to withstand the stress a little longer.

My only complaint about the straps is that the holes are sealed shut when I got the watch. I had to punch open a few of the holes so I can use them properly.

For those interested, feel free to browse the links provided in this entry. And for those who already purchased their own Feel For Me watches, please post pictures in your reply. I'm curious as to which items have captured your fancy.

Comments