#SupportLokalPH: Renegade Folk

Recently, I've been discovering a number of local (i.e. Filipino) independent businesses. Some of them I've discovered online (on Facebook or on Instagram), others in bazaars. I realize how challenging it is for them to compete with the global market--just look at the shops in our malls and you'll see that most of the brands are from foreign companies ("local" businesses are usually re-sellers na lang)--so in my own little way, I would like to help promote their brand by featuring some of my favorite purchases in this blog.

Renegade Folk

Everyday leather sandals. Handcrafted in Manila by local artisans.

(Online Shop: http://www.renegadefolk.com/)

Ever since I purchased my Lulu Swing sandals, I've been on the lookout for other local independent brands with similar designs. Then about a year ago, a friend of mine shared a photo of her new sandals, claiming those were the "softest soles for sandals I've ever tried."  My Lulu Swing sandals were still freshly bought back then, so I just noted the other brand for future consideration.

Fast forward to the present, and my Lulu Swing sandals are starting to show signs of wear and tear. Luckily, I was following the Instagram account of the other brand, where they announced a P999 sale for the weekend.

And that, my friends, is how I scored my first pair of Renegade Folk sandals.

Renegade Folk HQ Address: 3/F Linear Building, White Plains, Quezon City

Similar to Lulu Swing, the soles of the Renegade Folk sandals are thin and flexible, albeit sturdy because they are made of leather. I find their designs give off a more bohemian vibe, compared to Lulu Swing's dainty designs. Renegade Folk also designs sandals for men and for children.


 
 Outlines in Snake Tan, 1,780 PhP.
I got this on sale.

The price of the Renegade Folk sandals is more expensive, probably because they make thicker straps with more intricate designs. I also noticed that they play with different patterns and textures, like the snake leather above or the black leather below.

 
New Slang in Black, 1,780 PhP.
I also got this on sale.

The soles are indeed soft; perfect for long walks around the mall. I haven't tried using it on textured grounds like gravel or sand, but I imagine that these sandals are also perfect for a stroll in the beach. They're open-toed, so if sand gets in your sandals you can just shake them off easily.

I know my blog is starting to look like an advertisement blog,
but I really feel that is my duty as a Filipino to feature locally made products however I can.

I think that it's a good thing that they have their own physical store (in a rather convenient location, too). If, while browsing online, you're a bit unsure about the fit of their sandals, you can drop by their HQ to personally try them out.

Since I bought my sandals on sale, I wasn't able to inquire about the actual price of the sandals when bought from the Renegade Folk HQ. I think that the prices will be the same as the ones online, but less the delivery fee... well, more of quits lang because of the mileage you had to pay going to their HQ, hahaha.


For those interested, feel free to browse the links provided in this entry. And for those who already purchased their own Renegade Folk sandals, please post pictures in your reply. I'm curious as to which items have captured your fancy.

And for those who are interested in dropping by the Renegade Folk HQ, here's a map of the area (grabbed from their website):


Renegade Folk is also being sold in the following stores:

Common Thread Greenbelt (Metro Manila)
+63-2-729-9323

Common Thread Rockwell (Metro Manila)
+62-2-625-8922

Chimes Specialty Boutique Governor Sales (Davao City)
+63-82-221-3770/ +63-82-225-8997

Chimes Specialty Boutique Felcris Centrale (Davao City)
+63-82-224-1980

Chimes Specialty Boutique Abreeza Ayala Mall (Davao City)
+63-82-295-6619

SEEKTHEUNIQ.COM

Comments