#SupportLokalPH: Ibarra Manila

Recently, I've been discovering a number of local (i.e. Filipino) independent businesses. Some of them I've discovered online (on Facebook or on Instagram), others in bazaars. I realize how challenging it is for them to compete with the global market--just look at the shops in our malls and you'll see that most of the brands are from foreign companies ("local" businesses are usually re-sellers na lang)--so in my own little way, I would like to help promote their brand by featuring some of my favorite purchases in this blog.

Ibarra Manila

Filipino Time. On Time. Ibarra Time.

(Website: http://shop.ibarrawatches.com/
Zalora: https://www.zalora.com.ph/men/watches/ibarra-watches/)

For our second wedding anniversary, I wanted to gift ourselves with a pair of couples' watches. I was looking for a minimalist design, and for the longest time during my search I wanted to buy a pair of  Daniel Wellington timepieces. I was drawn to the simple, sans-second-hand face, but hesitated when I learned that DW watches are only water resistant for up to 3 ATM (i.e. rain resistant). Lugi.

It was then when my friend (the same one who helped me pick out the watch I gave to my husband on our wedding day) suggested that I check out Ibarra watches. I did, and I'm so glad I did.

Bought these two on a sale in Zalora. Good thing that they had a His-and-Hers bundle.

Until recently, there was only one design offered--the Rizal dress watch. It has the same minimalist features as the DW watches, with the following key features (taken from their website):

  • Elegant silver or rose gold plating
  • Swiss quartz movement in analog display
  • Scratch-proof sapphire crystal window
  • Features include luxurious leather Calfskin strap
  • Water resistant to 165 feet (50 m): withstands light swimming, white water rafting, non-snorkeling water related activities, and fishing.


Left: Rizal 40 mm Silver Leather Dress Watch (8,995 PhP)
Right: Rizal 36 mm Silver Leather Dress Watch (8,496 PhP)

** Free shipping to any destination in the Philippines

For the technical specifications of the Rizal Dress Watch (taken from their website):

  • Model Year: 2015
  • Item Shape: Round
  • Dial Window Material Type: Sapphire
  • Display Type: Analog
  • Clasp: Buckle
  • Metal Stamp: None
  • Case Material: Stainless Steel
  • Case Diameter: 40 millimeters/ 36 millimeters
  • Case Thickness: 7 millimeters
  • Band Material: Leather
  • Band Length: Men's Standard
  • Band Width: 20 millimeters
  • Band Color: Black/ Brown
  • Dial Color: Silver/ Rose Gold
  • Item Weight: 16 ounces
  • Movement: Swiss Quartz (Ronda 762)
  • Water Resistance Depth: 5 ATM (50 meters)

Each purchase comes with a 1-year warranty card.

A video posted by Ibarra Watches (@ibarrawatches) on

Just a few weeks ago, they debuted their first automatic dress watch, the Plaridel. Currently, this design is limited to 150 pieces, available for pre-order. The color options on this design are gold and silver.**

Allow me to share a few more unboxing pictures:

The Rizal watch also did away with the seconds hand on its face.

Back view of the Rizal watch.


My phone's camera compensated a bit too much on the brightness of the Rizal's face,
making my arm a bit darker than it really is.

I love how they engraved the word Manila on the strap's buckle.

Ibarra watches are every bit as dapper as I imagine, and the elegantly modern design makes the watches wearable as a boyfriend watch for women. To know that Filipino artisans can create these classic timepieces makes me proud to own one for myself, and to share this discovery to the world.


** For those interested in purchasing a Plaridel Dress Watch, you may use the Discount Code MHDP2016 to avail of the 1,500 PhP off on the Pre-Ordering price (website only). This code was given to me via SMS, but since I won't be purchasing the watch (quota na ako!), I decided to share this you, dear reader, instead.

Comments