January 23, 2017

#SupportLokalPH: Pravi

Recently, I've been discovering a number of local (i.e. Filipino) independent businesses. Some of them I've discovered online (on Facebook or on Instagram), others in bazaars. I realize how challenging it is for them to compete with the global market--just look at the shops in our malls and you'll see that most of the brands are from foreign companies ("local" businesses are usually re-sellers na lang)--so in my own little way, I would like to help promote their brand by featuring some of my favorite purchases in this blog.

Pravi

Genuine Leather Accessories Handcrafted in Manila

(Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pravibags/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pravibags/)

I've been putting off buying another leather bag for the longest time, but something about the new year just gets me in the mood for shopping. After some start-of-the-year cleaning, I had to retire my Kelly Moore camera bag, which made me realize that most of the bags I own are in the Big and Roomy department. Because of this, I convinced myself that I needed a replacement bag that fits the Everyday Average-Sized description. 

My measly attempt to flat lay my Pravi haul.

I've been following Pravi for almost as long as I have been following Costal Bags, but it is only now that I have decided what bag I would like to buy. My recently retired Kelly Moore guided me to the direction of a hobo-style bag, which led me to purchase Pravi's Florence (3,850 PhP).

The Florence features a cloth-lined interior and three inner pockets.


FLORENCE PRODUCT DETAILS:

  • Dimensions
    • Height = 10 inches
    • Width = 15 inches
    • Depth = 5 inches
    • Strap Drop: 6 inches
    • Body Strap Length = 40 - 45 inches
  • Features
    • Genuine cow leather
    • Zip top
    • Cloth lining
    • 3 interior pockets
    • Detachable and adjustable body strap
    • Gold-toned hardware
The leather is soft and slouchy, exactly how I like my leather bags.

This is the second lined leather bag I have, next to KiN Leather Collection, but my first zip-topped leather bag. Most of my leather bags, like Costal or Bags by Rubbertree, do not line their bags nor use zipper closure.

Pravi has four staple styles, but are able to release limited edition designs every now and then.


Aside from buying a hobo bag, I also got a three-in-one purse (1,450 PhP) which they were selling at a buy-one-take-one deal. With a steal like that, who am I to refuse?

The Wallet-On-Chain (WOC) can be used three ways: as a clutch bag, as a wristlet, or as a shoulder bag.

WALLET-ON-CHAIN PRODUCT DETAILS:

  • Dimensions
    • Height = 5 inches
    • Width = 8.5 inches
    • Depth = 0.5 inches
  • Features
    • Genuine cow leather
    • Magnetic strap closure
    • 1 interior pocket with zipper
    • Detachable strap and wristlet
    • 3 way: clutch, wristlet, cross-body bag

Additional straps included.

When used as a clutch purse, I think that the WOC looks classy enough to use in formal occasions. Tamang-tama, as I also had to retire my formal clutch following two consecutive weddings last weekend (reasons!)

The WOC has six card slots, one open compartment, and one zippered compartment.

Thus concludes my quest for the Perfect Leather Bag. I'm not sure if I was able to find the right one for me, but I'm pretty damn sure that I am able to buy a bag for each occasion I can think of.

For anyone who would like to know, here are the rankings of the bags I have purchased so far:

  1. Costal Bag - for me, theirs has the best quality leather. Their Madison is the perfect everyday carry-on bag, if you don't mind unlined bags with just a magnetic closure.
  2. Pravi - they also have soft quality leather, and the cloth lining is a plus. I just find their zippers a bit too rough.
  3. Bags by Rubbertree - they have the most beautiful designs, but their bags are just too heavy. Maybe because they use thick leathers, and the sturdiness of the bags compromise the comfort of carrying them.
  4. KiN Leather Collection - their designs look good for corporate use, and their bags are lined with cloth. However, they do not have a secure bag closure (even their magnetic closures would often snap open), and a small area in my bag is starting to peel. It does not wear out gracefully.
  5. The Leather Company - while they accommodate the most customizations (i.e. initial stamping, lining color, etc), I found their bag to be the least comfortable. The opening of the bag is too small, and the bag size is smaller than what I expected (but that would be my fault, not theirs). It just didn't suit my Big and Roomy taste.

Feel free to browse the links provided in this entry. And for those who already purchased their own Pravi item, please post pictures in your reply. I'm curious as to which items have captured your fancy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I wasn't really planning on leaving a comment but all your blog posts have been helpful! I came across your blog when I was searching for Costal leather bag reviews, and I'm so glad I did! I also enjoy your #SupportLocal series, and can't wait to try out the other local brands you featured. Thanks for the in-depth reviews and photos, they help readers like me decide what to and not to buy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad that you find my reviews helpful. Continue supporting Pinoy-made products! :)

      Delete