April 10, 2017

Next-Day Edit: UPLB


SDE (i.e. Same-Day Edit) videos to show highlights of a particular event are all the rage for a few years now. These videos are usually shown at the end of a programme, especially on weddings, where the emcee would usually say, "This will be the couple's first time seeing this video, so please refrain from approaching them while the video is playing."

Companies that are hired to do these SDEs usually invest in state-of-the-art equipment and software, from high-definition cameras to drones, to the latest Mac (sorry, oldie here, I mean Apple) movie-making software. But now, thanks to the wonders of mobile application technology, we can also make our own SDEs from the convenience of our own mobile devices!


As an Android user, the app I was able to find is FilmoraGo, a free (yes, free!) video editing app that lets you trim and splice videos, add music and voice-overs, and even layer filters and transition effects on your videos. There is no watermark or time limit to your final video cut, and you can save the video in HD (720p I think).

I've tried creating videos for my previous trips to Japan and Oman, which turned out pretty well... at least to my standards. As long as I am able to watch the videos I created again and again (nang hindi nagsasawa), I'm happy with my creations. Nevermind if most of the viewing hits come from me; these videos are personal chronicles seen from my perspective, and best enjoyed by me (and maybe those who were with me during the trip, hopefully).

And since this is my blog after all, I just thought that it would be nice to share my latest edit, featuring all the nostalgic places a former late-nineties-slash-early-noughties student of the University of the Philippines Los Baños would want to visit, after being away from her second home for more than a decade.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment