Bumble and Bumble: Summer Hair Stuff for Fine Hair

PSA: Bumble and Bumble currently delivers within the US only.


US residents may order through their official website to avail of exclusive perks.
Residents of the Philippines may also opt to order through BeautyMNL.

For the past few months I have been fascinated (nearing obsession, actually) with the French Girl Hair. This particular hairstyle evokes a casual, effortless (i.e. I-woke-up-like-this) aura, something that can be worn on both lazy days and special events.

I already have a designated Pinterest mood board for French Girl Hairspirations, but this particular YouTube video pushed me to actively seek out products that will help make my hair look (or at least steer my hair to that direction) tousled and textured, without making it look like a rat's nest.


My hair hasn't reached a length comparable to the video, but it can hold a wave decently--if I am able to find the right product. I've also been sporting a fringe for quite some time now, but lately I'm too lazy to tame it to fall into place. Maybe, with this purchase, I will be willing to put more effort in making my effortless French Girl Hair a reality (ironic, I know, but that's beauty for you).

As the video featured Bumble and Bumble hair products, I decided to give their line a try. Good thing that they offer travel-sized packages, and LOTS of freebies, so you can discover which products you like to invest on, should you decide to repurchase.

Summer Air-Dry Set (Fine Hair)

I assume this set to be a limited offering, specifically for the summer season.

This set consists of three travel-sized products aimed to bring texture to fine hair, without the use of heat-styling tools--as if one has just came from the beach. First in the set is the Prep Primer, a detangling spray that can be used on both wet and dry hair. After spraying the primer, you can follow with either the Don't Blow It (Fine) cream, or the Surf Spray, or both. Either products aim to enhance the hair's natural curl/ wave, without the need for curling tools.

What I've noticed is that the Surf Spray adds more texture to the hair--more crunch, if you will, compared to Don't Blow It (Fine), which has a softer finish.

Would I repurchase? Yes, definitely. But if I have to prioritize just one product, it would be the Don't Blow It (Fine), as I think this would be perfect for everyday use.

Hairdresser's Invisible Oil UV Protective Dry Oil Finishing Spray

This was featured in the video, and is labeled as a Stylist Pick.

This spray is meant to be used as a last-step product, to add shine and softness to the finished hairstyle. Even though this is an oil-based product, the formula is lightweight enough and the spray disperses fine mists to not drag the hair down.

Would I repurchase? Yes. This product takes away the frizz out of the hair, and it smells good, too. The only thing I've noticed is that my hair tends to get oilier on the second day.

Thickening Dryspun Finish

This spray is a top-seller, which aims to bring volume and lift to fine, limp hair.

This volumizing hairspray lifts the hair without leaving a crunchy residue. It is soft enough to be used all over the hair, but I recommend using it near the roots so you're hair won't look flat, but won't look poofy, either.

Would I repurchase? Yes. This product can be used both on just-washed (and dried) hair, and also during second-day hair (together with dry shampoo).

The items below are complimentary samples included in my order.

Thickening Hairspray

This spray aids in giving volume and lift while blow-drying.

I haven't tried this product yet, as I haven't had the opportunity to properly blow-dry my hair (as I am still enjoying Bumble and Bumble's air-dry products). As I understand, this spray can be used in conjunction with  the Prep Primer, to give an added lushness to the hair after blow-drying.

Would I repurchase? I can't say for certain as I haven't tried it yet, but most probably not since I'm not really into blow-drying my hair.

Various sample sachets

(Top, L-R) Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Shampoo, Conditioner, and Balm-to-Oil Pre-Shampoo Masque
(Bottom, L-R) Surf Foam Wash ShampooCreme Rinse Conditioner, and Hairdresser's Invisible Oil

What I've already tried are all the shampoos and conditioners, as well as the pre-shampoo masque. I like them all, especially the Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Surf Creme Rinse Conditioner, as they helped bring more volume and texture to my fine hair. The Hairdresser's line is fine, too, but I had to wash my hair more often after using them since my hair gets more oily on the second day.

Would I repurchase? Of all the samples in this set, I could repurchase the Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Surf Creme Rinse Conditioner. But I think, this will only be good for the summer season as I would need more moisturizing products when the colder season comes.

Final Thoughts

Bumble and Bumble products are definitely salon-quality products, and there are stuff that you can buy to make your hair look better even with minimal effort. Their website is a joy to browse through, too, as they give tutorials for you to maximize the use of the product, as well as tips on which product goes well with what.

Comments