August 01, 2017

Graze (Trial Week)

PSA: Graze can only ship boxes to US addresses (including P.O. Boxes!), within the 50 states. At this time, graze boxes cannot be shipped to APO, FPO, US Territory addresses, or internationally.

Previously, I wrote about the PINCHme sampler box, which included a coupon for a free Graze trial box. This particular coupon had no strings (i.e. hidden charges or shipping fees) attached, so I decided to avail the trial box.

Much like Blue Apron, availing the trial box means signing up for their subscription service. 


Graze.com

Graze is a snack subscription box wherein, for $13.99, you will receive an 8-snack variety box. These snacks are curated based on your dietary restrictions (if any), snack ratings (i.e. trash, try, like, or love) and box type (i.e. Variety Box, Calorie Count Box, or Protein Box). New subscribers get 50% off their first box, and subscription can vary from weekly, to every two weeks, or to monthly.

The trial box that was sent to me included four snacks.

 
 

I was pleasantly surprised to find the box, and the enclosed card, addressed to me. I like how they made an effort to personalize their snack boxes, as if they did handpick the snacks especially for me.

Now, on to the snacks themselves.


1. Cinnamon Pretzel

 

This snack has pretzel bits and honey-and-cinnamon-coated almonds. I supposed they used honey instead of sugar to sweeten the snack as a healthy choice, which I didn't mind because they still tasted like the usual cinnamon sugar snacks, minus the fallout from the sugar.

2. Lemon Drizzle Flapjacks

 

This one is my favorite of the bunch, with a filling amount of flapjacks (which until now I have no idea what they are, but they look and tasted like granola bars). The lemon yogurt drizzle on top of the flapjacks ARE SO GOOD. I'm a fan of the sweet and the savory and this one has checks on both departments. Love, love, love.

3. Banana Caramel Dippers

 

I find the caramel dip of this snack a tad too sweet to make papak on its own, but it complemented the rather bland taste of the banana sweetbread. You see, bananas here in the US suck. They don't taste like anything at all, which is an expected disappointment when you're used to the sweet varieties of the bananas back home in the Philippines (I miss saging lakatan so much).  Granted that these snacks are organic, sustainable, and all that jazz, the sweetbread must've been made by homegrown bananas, which won't really improve the taste no matter how organic it is.

4. Sweet Mustard Ranch

 

This is my least favorite of the snacks, probably because I'm not too keen on ranch-flavored bread-things. I only appreciate ranch on salads or buffalo wings, so having this snack flavor is a bit weird to me. I better rate this snack as "trash" so I won't get this again.

Question is: WILL I proceed with my subscription?

Actually, I am considering going ahead with the subscription. Admittedly, $13.99 is a bit too steep for me (especially since I have an ongoing subscription with Ipsy), so perhaps I'll just get a monthly recurring box and pace the 8 snack boxes throughout the month. I do see the merits of having Graze as an alternative snacking source, over the junk food we usually buy in the supermarkets.

---

For those who are interested in trying out this snack subscription box, Graze has provided me with two codes you can use to redeem some signing-up perks (just try whichever works for you):
MQW957RQB and MQW957RQE.

Happy snacking!



No comments:

Post a Comment